Saturday, April 13, 2024

The Crocodile and the Monkey

The Crocodile and the Monkey

The Crocodile and the Monkey

Once upon a time, in a lush jungle, there lived a clever monkey and a cunning crocodile. They were unlikely friends who enjoyed each other's company by the serene river.

Every day, the monkey would swing from tree to tree, while the crocodile would swim in the cool waters of the river. They shared stories, laughter, and delicious fruits.

One day, the crocodile's wife became curious about the monkey's heart. She had heard that the heart of a monkey was the sweetest delicacy in the jungle.

She urged her husband, "Dear husband, please bring me the heart of the monkey. I long to taste its sweetness."

The crocodile, torn between his love for his wife and his friendship with the monkey, devised a plan. He approached the monkey with a sad expression.

"My dear friend," said the crocodile, "My wife is very ill, and the only cure is the heart of a monkey. Will you please come with me to the other side of the river, where the juiciest fruits grow? I will carry you on my back."

The monkey, unaware of the crocodile's intentions, happily agreed. He hopped onto the crocodile's back, and they began their journey across the river.

As they reached the middle of the river, the crocodile revealed his wife's true desire. Shocked and dismayed, the monkey realized the crocodile's betrayal.

Thinking quickly, the monkey said, "Oh dear crocodile, I left my heart on the tree where I live. If you take me back, I will give it to you."

The crocodile, eager to please his wife, turned back towards the monkey's home. As soon as they reached the riverbank, the monkey leaped onto the nearest tree and mocked the crocodile.

"Foolish crocodile!" laughed the monkey, "Did you really think I would give you my heart? Friendship is based on trust and loyalty, not deceit."

The crocodile, ashamed of his actions, apologized to the monkey. From that day on, they continued their friendship, knowing that true friends always stand by each other, no matter what.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks.

Similar Posts

The Book Thief

The Book Thief The Book Thief by Markus Zusak This is a small story about, among other things: ...

Popular Stories